Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
There's no such thing as too many guacamole recipes...I love to try new ones. I like this recipe because the jalapenos bite back, and the grated lime zest and lime juice give it great flavor. I used red onion instead of yellow, and I added salsa instead of tomato because that's what I had. I can't say I finely chopped anything besides the mashed avocados, but I like the chunks and I'm impatient and want to eat it--not chop it. I also added a little pepper. Recipe from Paula Deen The Deen Family Cookbook. DELICIOUS! Serving size is estimated.
- 5 avocados, ripe pitted, and peeled
- 1 tomatoes, large chopped
- 1 yellow onion, small finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, zest of, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (about 2 1/2 tsp)
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for taste
- tortilla chips, for dipping or lettuce, for salad
- Mash the avocados in a large bowl.
- Stir in the tomato, onion, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, and salt.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for 1 hour to bring out the flavor. (unless you're like me, and you eat it before it makes it to the fridge).
- Serve with tortilla chips or on top of lettuce as a salad.
Really good one, with added zing from lime zest!