Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm not a chocolate lover, but these brownies remind me of Mounds bars. Nothing like coconut and pecans to go with chocolate to make it delicious. Recipe courtesy of The Lady & Sons Too (Paula H. Deen).
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 13x9" baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, or in the microwave, melt the chocolate and butter.
- Add the eggs, sugar, and vanilla, and stir well.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt, and then add the pecans and coconut and stir until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares to serve.
I made these brownies the first time for a bake sale at work. The money was voluntary and these sold for 5 dollars each! I didn't change a thing and they were absolutely delicious, fudgey and delightful.
These are great. Very moist brownie. I used almonds because that is all I had on hand. Will definitely make again.