Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love Paula Deen recipes. Let me know what you think! I got this from foodnetwork.com
- 4 large baking potatoes, cut into French fry strips
- 340.19 g bottle beer
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml house seasoning, recipe follows
- 680.38 g cod fish fillets, skinned with bones removed, and fish cut diagonally into 1-inch-wide strips (5 to 6-inches long)
- 236.59 ml salt
- 59.14 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml garlic powder
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Fry potatoes until golden brown, roughly 10 minutes removing with a slotted spoon or spider.
- Hold in low oven to keep warm while cooking the fish.
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees Farenheit.
- In a large bowl, pour in 1 bottle of beer.
- Sift 1 1/2 cups flour into the bowl, whisking in gently until just combined, stir in House Seasoning.
- Pat fish dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper and dredge in 1/2 cup of remaining flour.
- Coat pieces of fish in beer batter and slide into oil as coated.
- Fry fish, turning over frequently, until deep golden and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet and keep warm in oven.
- Fry remaining fish in batches, returning oil to 375 degrees F between batches.
- Serve fish with French fries.
- Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Yummy fish! I can't believe that this hasn't been reviewed before now. It's so easy and really good. Thanks for sharing Iron Woman. Made for Bargain Basement tag.