1/1 Photo of Paula Deen Beer Battered Fish and Chips
Iron Woman's Note:
I love Paula Deen recipes. Let me know what you think! I got this from foodnetwork.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large baking potatoes, cut into French fry strips
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon house seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 1/2 lbs cod fish fillets, skinned with bones removed, and fish cut diagonally into 1-inch-wide strips (5 to 6-inches long)
- 1In a Dutch oven, heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- 2Fry potatoes until golden brown, roughly 10 minutes removing with a slotted spoon or spider.
- 3Hold in low oven to keep warm while cooking the fish.
- 4Preheat oven to 225 degrees Farenheit.
- 6In a large bowl, pour in 1 bottle of beer.
- 7Sift 1 1/2 cups flour into the bowl, whisking in gently until just combined, stir in House Seasoning.
- 8Pat fish dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper and dredge in 1/2 cup of remaining flour.
- 9Coat pieces of fish in beer batter and slide into oil as coated.
- 10Fry fish, turning over frequently, until deep golden and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 11Transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet and keep warm in oven.
- 12Fry remaining fish in batches, returning oil to 375 degrees F between batches.
- 13Serve fish with French fries.
- 14Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen Beer Battered Fish and Chips
Serving Size: 1 (561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.2
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.3 mg
- Sodium 28403.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 42.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: