Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I'm scared of what this will look like when the nutritional value posts, but I don't care. These beans are awesome. It's funny, because when I make them people always ask what's in them. After I list the ingredients, they say something like, "Oh, that's just like MY recipe. Except, mine doesn't have molasses. Or pineapple. Or mustard." ...How could you not think: "well, then I guess it's not just like your recipe!" What it all comes down to is: it's not like you recipe, and you won't be sorry you prepared it and brought it to your next BBQ!
- 4 (16 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 5 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- Mix beans, pineapple, molasses, BBQ, mustard, bacon, and 1/3 onions in bowl. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour bean mixture into 9x13 greased pan and sprinkle remaining onions.
- Bake at 350 for an hour or so, or until brown and bubbly.
Delicious! Followed the recipe to a T and it came out perfectly. Don't think I will ever make baked beans another way again. The salty crispy onions on top are a really nice addition. My DH begs me to make these for him!