Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Haven't tried this yet, but I love Paula Deen Y'ALL, so it must be good.
Make and share this Paula Deen Apple Stuffed Pork Loin Y'all recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 2 cups thick-cut white bread cubes, crusts removed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2-1 cup chicken broth, plus more if needed
- 1 (3 lb) pork loin roast, butterflied
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, apples and sage. Saute until softened.
- Remove from the heat and gently stir in the bread, egg, butter and salt and pepper. Add the chicken broth gradually until everything is moistened.
- Let the stuffing mixture cool completely before putting it in the pork loin.
- Spoon the stuffing down the pork, horizontally, in a line. Roll the pork over the stuffing, jelly roll style, ending with the seam down and fat side up.
- Lightly score the fat, in a diamond pattern, with a sharp knife. Tightly tie the pork roast up with butcher's twine, season it with more salt and pepper, and transfer to a roasting pan.
- Roast the pork in a preheated oven for about 90 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 160°F Remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing. Garnish with apples and fresh herbs.
Made this tonight. WOW! I totally didn't make enough... wasn't expecting everybody going for thirds! The only thing I changed was chopping 5 pecans small and also finely chopped bacon in with the apples n onions. Great job Miss Paula!