Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
another one from Paula Deen. Chocolate and Almonds is always irresistable. Cook time is chill time.
- 2 (16 ounce) boxes confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (14 ounce) package shredded coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped almonds
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream together sugar and butter in a bowl; add milk. Stir in almond, coconut, and nuts; mix well.
- Form candy into 1-inch balls. Place on waxed paper and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler, stirring well. Remove from heat but allow chocolate to remain over hot water. (If chocolate becomes too thick, return to heat for a minute or so to thin). With a toothpick, dip each ball in chocolate and place on waxed paper until set.
I only made 1/4 recipe as this makes a ton. I was not convinced about the almond and coconut together, neither really shined in this one. Other than that, recipe is easy and yummy. I think it would make really cool plain coconut and chocolate balls, as Bounty Balls.