1/2 Photos of Paula Dean's Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken
This is a great recipe if you like fried chicken! I usually place my chicken in the buttermilk mixture and let sit over night until the next evening when I prepare it. I also add more hot sauce to the buttermilk. Paula Dean definitely knows how to fry chicken!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl place the buttermilk, hot sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the seasoned salt and cut up chicken, cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours Drain and discard buttermilk mixture.
- 2In shallow dish combine flour, garlic salt, red pepper, onion powder and remaining 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt. Dredge chicken in flour mixture and place on wire rack and let sit for 15 minutes.
- 3In a large (preferably) cast-iron skillet pour oil to a depth of 3 inches and heat to 350 degrees.
- 4Fry chicken pieces in batches, for 12 to 15 minutes per side or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers 165 degrees. Drain on a clean wire rack over paper towels.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Dean's Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1307.1
- Calories from Fat 640
- Total Fat 71.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 349.9 mg
- Sodium 670.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 99.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt