1/1 Photo of Paul Prudhomme's Chicken Diane
Juju Bee's Note:
This was one of my FAVORITE chicken dishes growing up. We didn't have it too often, (for health reasons :) but when we did I knew it was going to be a good night! If you can't find Paul Prudhomme's "Magic Cajun Spice" you can substitute his "Magic Poultry" or even "Magic for Veal or Pork", but the Cajun seasoning gives it a good kick! Also, we much more prefer boneless skinless thighs. In our family's opinion this dish is just not as flavorful with breast meat, but I left the recipe as it was written by Paul Prudhomme.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips (*)
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 ounces unsalted butter or 6 ounces margarine
- 1 tablespoon cajun magic poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cajun magic poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup green onion top, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 6 ounces pasta, dry (We like Fettuccine)
- shrimp, may be substituted
- 1Cook pasta and set aside.
- 2Mash 1/3 of the butter or margarine and combine with seasoning and chicken.
- 3Heat a skillet over a high fire until it's hot (about 4 minutes).
- 4Add chicken pieces and brown them about 2 minutes on the first side and about 1 minute on the other.
- 5Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes.
- 6Add green onions, parsley, garlic and stock.
- 7Cook 2 more minutes or until the sauce is at a rolling boil.
- 8Add remaining butter or margarine (cut into pats), stirring and shaking the pan to incorporate.
- 9Cook for 3 minutes and add the cooked pasta.
- 10Stir and shake the pan to mix well.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paul Prudhomme's Chicken Diane
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 801.4
- Calories from Fat 447
- Total Fat 49.7 g
- Saturated Fat 30.0 g
- Cholesterol 190.0 mg
- Sodium 205.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 39.0 g