- 4 catfish fillets, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the seasonings Place catfish in a bowl and sprinle seasoning over fish. Pour melted butter and lemon juice over fish and stir until fish are coated well.
- Preheat a heavy skillet, preferably non-stick,over high heat about 4 minutes.
- Place fillets, curbed side down in the skillet and cook 2 minutes. Turn and cook another minute. Turn one final time and cook until fish is cook throughout.