This is a delicious recipe from "Newman's Own Cookbook". It is extremely easy and quick to make with very few ingredients. We enjoy it--I hope you do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the spinach well and trim the stems.
- 2Place the spinach in a pan with just the water that clings to the leaves.
- 3Sprinkle with the nutmeg, cover the saucepan and steam for 2 to 3 minutes, until the leaves are wilted.
- 4Drain any excess liquid.
- 5Finely chop the spinach and return to the saucepan.
- 6Beat the cream cheese in a small bowl until fluffy.
- 7Gradually beat in the heavy cream until blended.
- 8Stir the cream cheese mixture into the chopped spinach.
- 9Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until blended and creamy.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paul Newman's Creamed Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.9
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 64.1 mg
- Sodium 169.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g