Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an old cake recipe from 20-30 years ago or so that made the rounds for a long time. I didnt see it posted so thought I would share it for the newer cooks who may have never had it before. I very moist cake which I have always enjoyed.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (or amount required by your box mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or amount required by your box mix)
- 3 eggs (or amount required by your box mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 ounce) jar butterscotch caramel sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 4 (1 1/2 ounce) Heath candy bars, crushed
- Bake cake as directed by cake mix in 9 x 13 inch pan.
- While cake is still hot, poke holes with handle of wooden spoon (all the way to the bottom).
- Pour milk over the top and let soak in for a few minutes.
- Then pour butterscotch-caramel topping over the cake.
- Let cool completely.
- Spread Cool Whip over cake and sprinkle crushed Heath bars over Cool Whip.