Recipe by Cathi Allen
A friend of mine made this one night when she had us over for dinner and I have been making it every since, It's become a family favorite. This is a great recipe for cold winter days when you don't feel like fussing in the kitchen. I serve with warm bread or biscuits. Paul Lynde Stew Quantities can be increased depending on the size of your dutch oven and how many people you are going to be feeding. The quantities listed are for a "basic" size dutch oven.
Top Review by jojo69
This is wonderful!!! I thought my picky kids would not like it and they devoured all of it. I was sorta hoping to have leftovers but forget that one. The only thing I changed was I put in 2 cans of mixed veggies and once can of green beans in place of the can of carrots and peas. That way the kids had to eat veggies they normally wouldn't. The things us mothers do...lol I am thinking of making this once a month. Thanks for sharing!!
- 2 -3 lbs lean stew meat
- 1 (15 ounce) can carrots, sliced, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet peas, drained (I prefer LeSeur)
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons dry tapioca
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 -3 bay leaves