Recipe by Miss Annie
From the Royalgate Elementary School PTA cookbook, Roundrock, Texas.
Top Review by Evie*
I had this recipe picked for the 'You show me yours' thread and found out I'd chosen the 'wrong' chef, so made something else...BUT I wasn't going to let this one pass me by and made it tonight instead. Great flavour combinations with the apple adding a nice amount of sweetness. Great colours too.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Set a small pan of water to boil.
- Drop the zucchini slices into the water for 30 seconds.
- Remove immediately and drain.
- Melt the butter in a large pot and saute the onion until it is transparent.
- Add the apples and stir well.
- Add the tomatoes and the blanched zucchini.
- Stir well, then add the parsley.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper and cook, covered, over a gentle heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until the zucchini is soft.
- Serve hot.