- 1⁄2 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1 minced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups water
- 2 cubed potatoes
- 1 bouillon cube (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 quart milk
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare wild rice according to directions on package.
- Sauté onion in butter until tender.
- Add water, potatoes and bouillon.
- Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add milk and cheese, stirring occasionally.
- When mixture is creamy, add cooked rice.
- You can garnish the soup with cooked bacon bits.
- You can add mushrooms and/or bell peppers with the onion when cooking.