1/1 Photo of Paul Gayler's Thai Inspired Risotto With Pumpkin
1 hr 20 mins
Missy Wombat's Note:
Paul Gayler makes wonderful vegetarian and vegan food. Great recipe for when you have a bit of time to cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 40 g margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic, clove crushed
- 1 stalk lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 1 red chile, deseeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 1/2 cm fresh gingerroot, chopped
- 350 g pumpkin, peeled and cut in 1 cm pieces
- 350 g arborio rice
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 700 ml vegetable stock
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- grated coconut, to serve
- 1Melt the margarine in a large heavy bottomed pan.
- 2Add the onion, garlic, lemongrass, chili, curry powder and ginger and cook,stirring over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the pumpkin and rice and cook for 1 minute more.
- 4Pour in the wine and a ladle full of stock and cook, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed.
- 5Keep adding the stock, a ladle full at a time, stirring continuously, until the rice is tender, but al dente, about 25 minutes.
- 6Towards the end of cooking, add the stock in smaller quantities and check frequently to see if the rice is cooked.
- 7Add the coconut milk, mint, and coriander.
- 8Remove from the heat, season and sprinkle with grated coconut to serve.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paul Gayler's Thai Inspired Risotto With Pumpkin
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.2
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 107.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: