Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband was a volunteer fireman for several years. We got this recipe from a fellow firefighter.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 loaf French bread
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Brown ground beef in skillet; pour off drippings. Add next 6 ingredients, mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Cut french bread lengthwise. Place half of mozzarella cheese on bottom; fill with beef mixture. Cover with remaining cheese slices and top slice of bread.
- Wrap in foil and bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes; cut into sandwiches.
Wowzers! This was a great meal! It all went together quickly and disappeared quickly too. I did add 1/2 tsp. salt since the meat mixture seemed to need it. I could've sworn there was already a photo and now I'm sorry I didn't take one. I'll be making it again, so next time this sandwich will be posing for a shot. Thanks so much for a quick, filling meal wwltmom!
This makes such a terrific weeknight meal. It is simple and filling. My family really enjoyed it. I served it with some french fries. I will definitely make it again.
I had to laugh when i started making this, as I was making hamburger patties. But its made more like sloppy joes or such. Anyways, I corrected my boo-boo and all went well. Only thing I added to this was dried red pepper flakes just to kick it up a notch. It's a keeper for me! TYFS