This recipe comes from a friend of mine who is a native Mississippian. This recipe comes to her passed down within her family for who knows how many generations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In bowl add dry ingredients then mix in the eggs; mix well.
- 2Add mayonnaise; mix well.
- 3Add milk; mix well.
- 4Add water till smooth like a cake.
- 5Heat iron skillet till hot in oven.
- 6Remove and sprinkle bits of meal around in hot skillet.
- 7Pour and spread evenly the corn bread batter mixture to hot iron skillet.
- 8Cook at 350 degrees until golden brown and it is done.
- 9Bread will come away from edges when ready.
- 10Before you cut into pieces poke holes in top.
- 11Melt butter (to taste) and pour into holes in the cornbread.
- 12Cut bread in serving size wedges.
- 13*Note: You can make this recipe using yellow corn meal but add about a tablespoon of sugar to the cornbread batter.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Patty's Southern Style White Cornmeal Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.3
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 109.1 mg
- Sodium 682.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 10.9 g