Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my most requested appetizers. To make it less watery I let the tomatoes drain in a colander for a few minutes after I chop them.
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 medium scallions, finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate for an hour or so to let flavors blend.
9 June 2009 ~ This was simple and really good. I just realized that I forgot the cilantro! It was a nice blend of everything. Thanks! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC tag game. ~~ 22 July 2009 ~ I have to re-rate this. It is wonderfully simple and I have made it several times since the first. I have it memorized (except I still don't use the cilantro) and am making it at least once a week. It is terrific! I don't like my store-bought stuff anymore because of this recipe and feel sad when I've been too lazy to make this delicious salsa. My favorite!!!