Patty Mae's Note:
The raspberry and cinnamon give this cranberry sauce a delicious different touch. I get chunk cinnamon from Penzey's Spices (www.penzeys.com). I prefer it because the flavor is more intense than stick cinnamon. If you don't have that you can use a 4-inch cinnamon stick broken into small pieces. Yield is about 2 1/2 cups or 20 2-tablespoon servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Quarter orange and chop finely in a food processor or blender. Set aside.
- 2Tie cinnamon up in a cheesecloth bag, or put into a tea ball.
- 3Place sugar, vinegar, water, and cinnamon bag in a heavy medium saucepan.
- 4Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 5Mix in cranberries; reduce heat and cover partially. Simmer until berries burst, about 10 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and discard cinnamon.
- 7Stir in the chopped orange and liqueur.
- 8Cool completely. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Patty's Cranberry-Orange Relish
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chambord raspberry liquor