1 hr 30 mins
This recipe came from a book i am reading " Bread Alone " I havent tried it yet, but it looks delicious.I didnt have any bourbon in the house otherwise i would try it..Any brave souls out there who can give this a "shot" ( 'scuse the pun )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups strong coffee
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
espresso caramel sauce
- 1Grease and flour 2 81/2 by 41/2 inch loaf pans.
- 2Put the chocolate, butter and coffee in a large heavy saucepan.
- 3Place over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted, then stir vigorously until mixture is smooth and blended.
- 4Set aside to cool for 10 mins, then beat in the bourbon eggs and vanilla.
- 5Sift dry ingredients and beat into the chocolate mixture until well blended.
- 6Divide batter between pans and bake in a 275* oven for 50 mins, until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- 7Cool in pans for 15 mins, then turn out onto racks to cool completely. Serve with whipped cream, creme fraiche or Expresso Caramel Sauce.
- 8"Espresso caramel sauce.".
- 9Whisk the sugar into water and pour into heavy bottom saucepan.
- 10Stir over med heat until sugar is dissolved, increase heat and bring to a boil. Do not stir, but wash down sides of pan frequently with a brush dipped in water.
- 11Meanwhile heat the cream to a simmer in another pan.
- 12When sugar begins to caramelize, lift pan carefully and swirl mixture to even caramelization.
- 13Boil until syrup is a beautiful brown color, about 3-4 mins.Remove from heat and set pan in sink.
- 14Slowly pour cream into the syrup , whisking to combine. Be Careful as it may splatter.!
- 15Stir in espresso and stir until smooth.
- 16If mixture starts to harden, return to low heat and whisk until dissolved.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Patty's Cake With Espresso-Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.6
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 242.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 50.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g