Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I received this recipe from a good friend. It is one of my favorite salads. It is a nice change from the "mayo" chicken salad. It is filling, but not heavy. It makes a great meal or side. A great combination of flavors, none of which are too overpowering. This recipe makes a lot, so I usually cut the recipe in half. I'm sure you'll love it! (cooking time is "chilling" time for pasta)
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2⁄3 cup rice vinegar (or white if necessary)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) bags fresh spinach
- 1 (6 ounce) bag craisins
- 3 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 (6 ounce) can honey roasted peanuts
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into small pieces or shredded
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Blend together oil, teriyaki sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour over pasta and let set for 2 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving add remaining ingredients and toss.
This was a great salad. We had it this weekend for dinner, and it had enough substance to be the main dish. It would make a great potluck item. The only thing I would change next time is to decrease the amount of oil. It was just a tad too much for my taste. Thanks, it's a keeper.