Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Once is never enough. Add as many or as little vegetables, to your taste, or serve vegetables on the side.
- 6 patty shell vol-au-vent cases
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup (campbells)
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 12 mushrooms, 1/4 'd
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- Bake patty shells according to the package.
- Sweat onions on medium heat until translucent in cast iron pot or skillet.
- Add chicken and cook for five minutes.
- Add celery, carrots, and mushrooms and cook on med-high heat for five minutes.
- Add corn and peas and mix through.
- Add cream of mushroom soup and mix through.
- Add one and a half cans warm water.
- Bring to a boil, cook for five minutes (add water if it becomes to thick).
- Stir in poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Serve spooned into patty shells and over white rice.
- Open a bottle of white (or red, or both) wine.