Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was another dish that Richard Hetzler, from the American Indian Museum in Washington, DC. prepared for us. I loved this dish. It was simple, elegant and very tasty.
- 3 large shallots (sliced)
- 12 yellow squash (patty pan)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- Clean and cut the squash in half and reserve.
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter and lightly saute the shallots until soft and clear.
- Add the squash into the pan with the shallots and saute for about 5-8 minutes until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bon Appetit!
Very simple and really delicious - thank you for sharing!!
Excellent, simple and light recipe. Followed exactly, used all organic ingredients. I did, however, just make enough for myself and my 4 yr old daughter. Served with basmati rice. Will make this again; thanks for sharing.