Recipe by ritterf
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. These shrimp and potato patties are a delightful change from the norm! With the addition of fresh spinach, red bell pepper, shallots and just a hint of lemon, you will think it’s a one-dish meal! By incorporating the Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix into the combination before cooking, the flavors just jump all over your palate in a completely pleasing experience! You won’t even need salt and pepper – just dip each bite in a little Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing for even more pleasure. Serve with a salad and dinner is done - enjoy!
- 3 large red potatoes, coarsely shredded, peeling on
- 1 cup fresh Baby Spinach, coarsley chopped
- 3 tablespoons shallots, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons red bell peppers, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 8 jumbo raw shrimp, cleaned, deveined, tail off, cut in chunks
- 1 cup Japanese-style bread crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a medium bowl, using your hands mix potatoes, spinach, shallots, Red Bell Pepper, dry bread crumbs, flour, Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix, egg, lemon zest and raw Shrimp until well mixed. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat until it rolls easily from side to side. Lower heat to medium. Form mixture into 2” balls and dredge in the Japanese bread crumbs, flattening to ½” thickness. Carefully place in the hot oil in the skillet. Brown each patty for 3 minutes. Carefully turn each patty over and brown for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from skillet and place on a foil lined cookie sheet. Bake in 350º F oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing for dipping and enjoy!