Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the quintessential Southern dessert, enhanced with a little bourbon and cinnamon.
- 1 prepared unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups pecan halves or 2 cups pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Melt Karo syrup, brown sugar, and butter together in a saucepan over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Place eggs in a mixing bowl and beat until broken up.
- Slowly whisk the syrup mixture into the eggs.
- Add the salt, bourbon, vanilla extract, and cinnamon; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in pecans, making sure all the pecans are completely immersed in the liquid.
- Pour filling into the prepared pie shell.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until the crust is baked through and the filling is set and well puffed in the center.
- Cool the pie on a rack and serve warm or at room temperature.