- 1 lb green beans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut ends off green beans and cut into 2-inch sections. Set aside.
- Melt olive oil and butter together in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and saute for about a minute or until fragrant.
- Add the beans and saute, tossing frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saute another couple of minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cover pan.
- Cook until beans are just barely tender.