Recipe by Katha
My dear friend Patti gave me this recipe about 25 yeas ago. She stopped making them but I have to keep making them as my husband & family just love them.Tried something new with them this year dark chocolate kisses. Now I am also addicted.
Top Review by CindyMarie
This is almost the same recipe I use, but I use butter instead of shortening and replace the Chocolate kisses with Dove chocolate hearts. They are perfect to make around Valentine's Day!
- 414.03 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 24 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 24 dark chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 29.58 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except kisses & 2 tbs sugar, in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix on low speed until dough forms.
- Shape dough into 48 balls.
- Roll balls in sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Immediately out of oven insert candy in center of cookie until cookies crack around edges.