Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by my friend Gloria when we lived in Hawaii in the early 80's. It is a treat especially at Christmas in our house, or I take them to friends as a little hostess gift.
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter (to be used for filling)
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- Mix the ingredients for the crust and shape into 24 balls.
- Place each ball in miniature muffin pan and press dough around side of pan.
- Filling: Mix the ingredients for the filling, and place one level teaspoon into crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until slightly brown.