Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
It doesn't get any easier than this! I came up with this one day because I wanted Chili Rellenos and didn't know how to make the crunchy batter. I use the Pepper Jack cheese because it gives it a little kick. Servings depend on how many chili's are in the can.
- 1 (20 ounce) can whole green chilies
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese (use regular jack if you want mild)
- 12 -24 egg roll wraps
- slice cheese into 1/2"x1/2" strips.
- Insert a cheese strip into 1 chili and roll up in 1 egg roll wrapper envelope style.
- Then fry in oil on med-hi until golden brown on all sides.
- You can serve like this or smothered in Green Chili Sauce if desired.