Recipe by Muffin Goddess
This is a yummy chicken casserole that a coworker brought to a holiday potluck. Nearly everyone (including me) requested the recipe - after we emptied the dish, mind you. Easy-to-transport comfort food at its finest, I think. Prep time does not reflect time to cook the chicken.
Top Review by S Elan
This is sooo easy and good. My husband loved it. I used 1 can of soup instead of 2, and only half the sour cream; that way it's not as wet, but still satisfyingly gooey. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 (6 ounce) bag herb stuffing mix, original flavor (Pepperidge Farms is suggested)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove approximately 1 1/2 cups of dry stuffing mix from bag and set aside.
- Prepare remainder according to package directions.
- Combine the prepared stuffing, chicken, soups, and sour cream in a casserole dish.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle remaining dry stuffing mix over top of chicken mixture.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake covered at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes more.