Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a yummy chicken casserole that a coworker brought to a holiday potluck. Nearly everyone (including me) requested the recipe - after we emptied the dish, mind you. Easy-to-transport comfort food at its finest, I think. Prep time does not reflect time to cook the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove approximately 1 1/2 cups of dry stuffing mix from bag and set aside.
- Prepare remainder according to package directions.
- Combine the prepared stuffing, chicken, soups, and sour cream in a casserole dish.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle remaining dry stuffing mix over top of chicken mixture.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake covered at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes more.
This is sooo easy and good. My husband loved it. I used 1 can of soup instead of 2, and only half the sour cream; that way it's not as wet, but still satisfyingly gooey. Thanks for posting.
I really hate giving bad reviews but I have to be honest with this one. I am completely confused by the other reviews, I followed this recipe 100% and it was a soupy, mushy, and ultimately inedible mess. Maybe using just one can of soup and less sour cream would help? Obviously other people have enjoyed it so I don't know what happened.
I used one can of cream of chicken soup and it came out great. When reading the recipe I was hesitant about cooking the stuffing by the normal directions with so much of the dry mix removed first. But it came out just fine as directed.