Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adopted recipe that I hope to be making soon. I'll post any changes that I make to the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, Ground
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Finely Chopped, 1 Sm.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- 1⁄4 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 large egg, Slightly Beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese (slices should be 3 inches square)
- Mix the meat, onion, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper together.
- Shape the mixture into 6 patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Mix Parmesan cheese and cornflake crumbs.
- Dip the patties into the egg, then coat them with the cornflake mixture.
- Brown the patties in a large skillet over medium heat, turning once.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Mix the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning and pour over the patties in the skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Top each patty with a slice of cheese and cover.
- Heat until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve the leftover sauce over the patties.
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I cut the salt in half as a teaspoon of salt seemed like a lot to me. I didn't have cornflake crumbs so I used italian bread crumbs. Since others said the sauce was bland, I used my own spaghetti sauce as it is well seasoned. I used a cup and a half of sauce. I only had shredded cheese and that worked fine. I served on top of spaghetti. Everyone enjoyed it.
These tasted great. The only comment i have was that the tomato sauce was a bit "bitter", so next time i'll add a tiny bit of sugar to it. DD said it looked a little like lasagna, and tasted a bit like it too, lol. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
These were good. I made extra sauce because I served them with some cheese ravioli. I thought the sauce was a little bland, but it was still a good, easy dinner to whip up. Thanks for a good recipe!