Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Got this off of the "Good Morning America" website after I saw her cook this on the show. This is the best macaroni and cheese I have ever tasted!!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb macaroni
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup muenster cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add macaroni and the 1 TB oil.
- Cook for 7 minutes, or until somewhat tender.
- Drain well, and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt 8 TB of the butter.
- Stir into macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the shredded cheeses.
- To the macaroni, add 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheeses, half and half, the cubed cheese and the eggs, and the seasoned salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, and top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Dot with remaining 1 TB of the butter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve hot.
- Serves 8.
This was good Mac and Cheese. My girls ate it right up. I really like my mac and cheese to be a creamier though. This was very cheesy,but a stringy cheesy and I would have left out some of the butter had I known it was going to be so rich. It did have a good taste. Be sure to use the sharp cheddar. It really adds a zing.
I have been making macaroni & Cheese casseroles for over 15 years! This is the absolute best recipe I have ever come across! My entire family enjoyed it! You can't go wrong with this recipe!!
It is good and the whole family liked it. We also like ours to be creamier, so even though I added a little extra half&half, I will add even more the next time. After 30 minutes of baking it was a little too dry for our taste, but definately good and a keeper. Thanks for posting.