1/19 Photos of Patti Labelle's Macaroni and Cheese
Got this off of the "Good Morning America" website after I saw her cook this on the show. This is the best macaroni and cheese I have ever tasted!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb macaroni
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup muenster cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- 3Fill a large pot with water and bring to a rapid boil.
- 4Add macaroni and the 1 TB oil.
- 5Cook for 7 minutes, or until somewhat tender.
- 6Drain well, and return to the pot.
- 7Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt 8 TB of the butter.
- 8Stir into macaroni.
- 9In a large bowl, combine all of the shredded cheeses.
- 10To the macaroni, add 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheeses, half and half, the cubed cheese and the eggs, and the seasoned salt and pepper.
- 11Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, and top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- 12Dot with remaining 1 TB of the butter.
- 13Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and bubbly.
- 14Serve hot.
- 15Serves 8.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Patti Labelle's Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.7
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 153.5 mg
- Sodium 749.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 22.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: