Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
low fat, sugarless dessert that tastes better than it sounds
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 (4 ounce) package sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen light whipped dessert topping
- whisk rum extract into half and half.
- whisk in pudding mix.
- fold all but 4 tbsp topping into the mix.
- divide evenly among 4 dessert cups.
- refrigerate 20 minutes, or up to 2 days.
- garnish each dish with 1 tbsp topping.
This really is a tasty light dessert! My DD who considers herself a chocolate mousse expert says it's VERY good, but not a true mousse. It has a great flavor and just the low fat grams alone make this fantastic. Not to mention the fact that it whips together in no time flat! I used real rum instead of the extract and loved the flavor it gave. Other flavorings will be fun to try as well. Thanks Chia for the great dessert!
The recipe calls for a 4 ounce box of sugar free instant pudding mix. No one makes a 4 ounce box of sugar free instant pudding mix.
Wanted to try this out for my mom's birthday. She's diabetic and i'm always hunting for "sweets" for her. I agree with Michelle that it is not a 'true' mousse but it is a nice light guilt-free dessert that satisfies that sweet craving. My DH said it had a marshmallow texture that he really enjoyed! Will definitely make again! I added a some Frangelico for a little Hazelnut flavor. ***Update: Made it again for Mom...baked some puff pastry squares and layered it with the mousse like a napoleon and topped it with sugar free Cool Whip and strawberries! She enjoyed it even more this way!!