Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
Looking for a delicious, easy-to-make dish? Chef Salvatore (Sal) Scognamillo, co-owner and third-generation executive chef of the world-renowned Patsy's restaurant, shares his tasty take on an Italian staple.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chopped veal
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix thoroughly and form into 2½-inch meatballs.
- Preheat olive oil in skillet to 350 degrees (oil should cover half the meatball when frying).
- Fry meatballs in olive oil, 2 minutes on each side.
- Take out of oil.
- Place the meatballs in simmering tomato sauce and cook another 10-15 minutes.