Recipe by Sherrybeth
My mama makes this for us every year at Christmas because we all love them. There has been pushing and shoving to get to the last ones!!
Top Review by kathytaber2136
I have included these in my Christmas baking for the past 12 years. Always a favorite, they are very refreshing, a nice change from all of the chocolate and peanut butter treats at Christmas. I reserve 1 cup of the vanilla wafers to roll the balls in.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) can orange juice concentrate (melted in can)
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers, finely crumbled
- 3 cups shredded coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter.
- Add sugar and orange juice concentrate and vanilla wafer crumbs.
- Gradually add nuts.
- Shape this mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in coconut (if desired).
- I like them without the coconut but most people like the with it.
- After rolling in coconut, allow balls to sit out for about 30 minutes at room air to "set".
- Store in airtight containers.
- These freeze very well and make a lovely addition to any cookie or candy tray.