Recipe by pattyk2897
This is a favorite in our family and requested by many friends. The longer it sets the better it tastes.
Top Review by Debber
This was a hit with the family but that much tomato juice gave me a few worries, however it worked just fine. I would add some basil and oregano to the garlic powder, I don't know that I was fond of the chili powder in there. Otherwise, a great family meal, and you're quite right, the leftovers are very good! *PAC Spring 2008*
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced (optional)
- chili powder
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon crushed hot pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet sauté onion, green pepper and garlic powder until onions turn opaque.
- Add ground beef, cook until no pink remains, drain grease.
- Salt to taste.
- Sprinkle Chili Powder across hamburger until covered, stir thoroughly.
- add hot peppers if desired.
- add 1/2 cup ketchup.
- add 1/2 can tomato juice reserving rest for later addition.
- reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- In large pan cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- In spaghetti pan combine meat sauce, remaining tomato juice and spaghetti.
- Replace pan on heat bringing to boil, stirring constantly to prevent sticking.
- Turn off heat, cover pan and let set until all juice is absorbed.
- Spaghetti will taste better the longer it sets.
- To reheat, use microwave or place in baking dish, cover and place in oven stirring occasionally.