Recipe by ~Bliss~
This is the best scalloped potato recipe I've ever found. It came from a church cookbook years ago.
Top Review by Deb's Recipes
My family really enjoyed these delicious scalloped potatoes. The recipe worked especially well in a crockpot. Just need to reduce the amount of pepper to suite our tastes. Thanks!
- 4 cups potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in small bowl and set aside.
- Pare and slice potatoes and onions.
- Grease shallow casserole dish.
- Place 1/2 of potatoes in dish.
- Sprinkle half flour mixture over potatoes and then add 1/2 onions, half butter, half cheese.
- Repeat using rest.
- Pour milk over all.
- Cover and bake for 30 minute.
- Remove cover and bake for 45 min-1 hours.
- until potatoes are tender and lightly browned.