Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is the best scalloped potato recipe I've ever found. It came from a church cookbook years ago.
Make and share this Pat's Scalloped Potatoes Supreme recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in small bowl and set aside.
- Pare and slice potatoes and onions.
- Grease shallow casserole dish.
- Place 1/2 of potatoes in dish.
- Sprinkle half flour mixture over potatoes and then add 1/2 onions, half butter, half cheese.
- Repeat using rest.
- Pour milk over all.
- Cover and bake for 30 minute.
- Remove cover and bake for 45 min-1 hours.
- until potatoes are tender and lightly browned.
My family really enjoyed these delicious scalloped potatoes. The recipe worked especially well in a crockpot. Just need to reduce the amount of pepper to suite our tastes. Thanks!
I'm not a huge potato fan, but I made these and I'm in LOVE. Everyone likes them, even my ultra picky 4 year old. I really think the swiss cheese is what makes them. They're ultra easy, have simple ingredients (I live 30 miles from the nearest grocery store so this is important to me), and are wonderful. Thanks for the wonderful recipe, Bliss!
This is a great recipe. The onion really adds to the flavor. They weren't as rich as other scalloped potatoes I've had, but they were sure tasty. I will definitely make these again. Thanks!