Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 package chicken rice-a-roni
- 4 green onions, sliced, with tops
- 1⁄2 green peppers or 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 12 green olives or 12 black olives, sliced
- 1 can artichoke heart, chopped
- DRESSING: 1/3 cup mayonnaise 1 tsp.
- curry powder 2 tbsp.
- Italian dressing Cook Rice-A-Roni in 2 tablespoons oil INSTEAD of butter and use 2 cups water.
- Cool in large bowl; add onions, pepper, olives, artichokes (2 cups cubed chicken breast or salad shrimp can be added if desired). Blend dressing ingredients and toss with rice mixture. Chill several hours before serving.
I have had a recipe like this, but this wasn't quite it, but still good. It was a little bland, needed more olives, and it was drier than I would have liked. I think with more dressing and olives, salt & pepper and maybe some more herbs, this could be a 5 star recipe.
This has been a favorite of mine forever! I've been looking for the receipe for long time! I like it with the balck olives and no peppers. I put broccoli in it instead. I also saute garlic in with the rice a roni and use a little cyanne peopper instead of the curry.
great salad. i made it exactly as posted but used artichokes bottoms. the next time i won't use the green pepper and will double up on the green olives instead.