beach bum in the Philippines's Note:
Here is a wonderful idea for all the leftovers in the refrigerator. It's up to you what you put in this dish. For my taste, I put in a variety of items--and it tastes great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rollatini pasta, cooked as directed
- 1 cup bow tie pasta, cooked as directed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup peas, cooked
- 1 cup shredded ham, cooked
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup fresh okra, sliced 1/2 inch
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 3 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1In a large pot of boiling water, put in all the pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- 2Chop the onion and garlic, celery, okra, mushrooms, ham and chicken, and sauté in a little oil. Add the peas and continue to sauté.
- 3In a small pot add the water and the milk and the 1/2 cup of cheese. Add the lemon pepper and the seasoning salt. Heat till just starting to boil, then shut off the heat.
- 4To make the casserole, take the pasta when done and put in large mixing bowl. Add the sautéed vegetables and mix. Put into a ovenproof casserole dish sprinkling the bread crumbs throughout the mixture.
- 5On the top of the mixture, sprinkle the remaining cheese, bread crumbs and parsley. Take the milk mixture and slowly pour into the mixture till the liquid is at the top of the glass bowl. Then put into the oven at 300°F for approx 1/2 hour or till the liquid starts to boil over--then take out and let sit for 10 minutes.
- 6Serve right away and enjoy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pat's Potluck Dinner.
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.4
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 41.2 mg
- Sodium 520.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: