Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Pork chops in mushroom gravy
- 4 center-cut pork chops
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- onion powder
- garlic powder (to taste)
- water (about 1/2 cup to dilute the soup)
- chopped parsley (optional)
- In a large skillet,brown pork chops,both sides-- sprinkle with spices of your choice (paprika helps brown them) In a separate bowl-- dilute soup with water,and use a whisk to get rid of any"lumps" When pork chops are browned-- remove and set aside.
- Pour in soup,and deglaze skillet.
- (This will make the soup mixture brown,and flavourful!) return the pork chops to the skillet, and allow to cook until done.
- Spoon some of the soup mixture over the chops while cooking.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and cooked baby carrots or any other favorite vegetable.
I often make my porkchops with mushroom soup - I think of it as true comfort food. I sprinkled garlic flakes with roasted peppers on top and since I was making oven fries I baked it instead of using a skillet. I baked the chops for 1 hour at 350F they were tender and moist! Thanks for reminding me how good this comfort food is!
This has been a quick & easy standby dish for years.I also use with chicken and round steak (flour steak before browning).You can use any cream soup.After browning you can put in casserole dish,add liquid and cover ,bake about 30 min.It makes any meat tender and you have a wonderful gravy.
this was very good!!i had four boneless chops about 1/2 inch thick,and i pounded them to about 1/4 inch.you didn't specify what they should be browned in, so i browned them in about 4 tablespoons of canola oil.i sprinkled a little garlic powder, seasoned salt, and some paprika over the chops before browning.when i added the soup and water, i added just a little too much water so i added a little cornstarch and it made a wonderful gravy.for the sides i made mashed potatoes and carrots au gratin Carrots Au Gratin. thank you for posting. i will make this agan.