Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A good plus easy dinner that your family will enjoy
- 6 pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 6 small potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Trim fat from chops.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Combine flour, salt, dash pepper & garlic salt.
- Dip chops in mixture.
- Brown chops in hot oil, about 15 minutes per side.
- In 3 Qt casserole, combine water, sherry, parsley, cloves, pepper & bay leaf.
- Generously sprinkle green beans & potatoes with salt, place in liquid.
- Arrange chops on top; add onions.
- Cover Casserole.
- Bake at 350F for 1 1/4 hours till meat/veggies are tender, basting once or twice.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Trim with parsley, if desired.