Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
My roommate made up this recipe years ago. She said she got tired of the chips always breaking in the taco dip!! It may not LOOK like much once you're done, but try this out at a superbowl party or just a casual get-together. This one always disappears at our house!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mild salsa
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- In a large pan, brown the beef. Drain the fat.
- Add the refried beans and stir until evenly combined with the ground beef.
- Add the salsa and taco seasoning, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in the sour cream.
- Add all of the mexican cheese, stirring together well until cheese is completely melted. Repeat with half of the cheddar cheese.
- Pour the mixture into a large flat casserole dish, and top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with tortilla chips.