Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These muffins are light and have almost a sponge cakes consistency. (and I don't feel guilty eating them)
- 3 bananas
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 2⁄3 cup artificial sweetener
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts (optional)
- Mash bananas.
- Stir in beaten egg.
- Add applesauce, sweetener and mix well Add flour, soda, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, mix.
- Add nuts and chocolate chips.
- Scoop into greased muffin tins.
- (DO NOT USE PAPER CUPS BECAUSE THESE MUFFINS WILL STICK TO THEM!).
- Bake 350 oven for 20 minutes.
These were absolutely fabulous and if the calories are right only 2 points per muffin on the new Weight Watchers point system!! Thank you so much for posting, what a wonderful and healthy treat! My kids went bonkers!
Absolutely yummy, healthy and easy to make!! I used wheat flour with the regular flour and only used 1/3 cup of splenda. I usually make 6 large muffins with this recipe and they don't last very long. An excellent recipe that is very low in fat.
These turned out great, however I did make substitutions. I used whole wheat flour I used regular sugar but only 1/2 cup and I didn't put any nuts in them. I used a jumbo muffin tin. It made 6 jumbos and they took 25 mins to bake. They are great and not as loaded with sugar. I may try the artificial sweetner next time. Thanks