Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My daughter sent me this recipe last weekend. I tried it last night and it was a hit. Let it marinate all day or overnight.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine (I used Chardonnay)
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (do NOT use the stuff that comes in the green box)
- favorite season salt or salt and pepper, to taste. i use herbamare
- Salt and pepper the chicken breast halves to taste, (I use a season salt called Herbamare-available in health food stores or on line).
- Marinate the chicken breast halves in the mixture of white wine and Dijon mustard.
- Marinate for 6-8 hours, the longer the better.
- Discard the marinate.
- Combine the wheat germ and parmesan cheese.
- Coat all sides of the chicken with the wheat germ and parmesan cheese mixture.
- Put on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 425º for 15-20 minutes.
This turned out very good! Hubby said "I love that it's so moist." I said it's because of the mustard and wine marinade. Thanks so much for this one. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag Game 2011.
Well, Tom didn't know what wheat germ was (he thought it was a liquid), so he ended up leaving that out "couldn't find it at HEB" *laugh* BUT this was still super yummy. So simple, yet absolutely scrumptious. A keeper!
An easy and very tasty healthy meal (It's so yummy that people won't believe its healthy for you). A success at my house!