Chef #381086's Note:
Great hot wing from Pat And Gina Neely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons neely's dry rub seasonings
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 30 chicken wings, cut at joint, washed and dried
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (recommend ( Texas Pete's)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1For the seasoning:.
- 2Mix the dry rub, salt, and cayenne together in a small bowl.
- 3Preheat deep-fryer with peanut oil to 350 degrees F.
- 4For the wings:.
- 5Add the wings to a large mixing bowl and season with the lemon-pepper seasoning and toss to coat. Allow to sit for a few minutes, so flavors can permeate into the chicken.
- 6Add the wings to the deep-fryer and fry until cooked through and golden and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. You may need to do this in batches.
- 7Meanwhile, while wings are frying, melt butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat with the garlic. Transfer to a large bowl and whisk in the hot sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce until combined.
- 8Remove wings from fryer and drain on a paper towel lined sheet tray. Immediately sprinkle with the seasoning.
- 9Add fried wings to the large bowl of sauce and toss until well combined and wings are well coated. Serve immediately after tossing the wings with the sauce. Serve with the blue cheese dipping sauce and celery and carrot sticks.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pat's Famous Hot Wings
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 949.2
- Calories from Fat 632
- Total Fat 70.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 313.5 mg
- Sodium 1973.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 67.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry rub seasonings