Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Pat M. brought these to my rughooker's semi-annual pot luck yesterday. I must say, I had more than my share. It was the best of this type of casserole/appetizer I have tried. Let stand for a few minutes to firm up and cut small for appetizers. May be served with Picante sauce on the side.
- 2 (7 ounce) cansortega diced green chilies
- 1 lb grated longhorn cheese (or 1 lb cheddar cheese or 1 lb tillamook cheese)
- 1 lb grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 (13 ounce) can low-fat evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 whole eggs
- sliced black olives (optional)
- fresh tomato (optional)
- picante sauce (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour into a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes at 325°F.
- Optional: Add small can sliced black olives and/or cover top with thinly sliced tomatoes as soon as it is baked.
My husband and I thought these were good. I put the tomatoes and black olives. And only used 1 lb of cheese. I thought 2 lbs was way too much. We put sirracha on top for some heat. Next time I am not gonna put the tomatoe on top. No need for it. Really eash reciepe. Thanks!!!
not bad...but, i'm not tasting a chile relleno...it definitely needs something else to add some zing
Great dish! Easy to make and very tasty. I put the olives in and turned out delicious. My dad loves chile rellenos and loved these as well.